Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ready or Not....Here It Is

The timing couldn't be more perfect. After all, it is 2:48 am. 
The restless two-year-old is finally back to sleep and now at the foot of our bed (on the floor, that is...her preference these days).  The feverish and croupy fifteen-month-old is back in her bed (for the 3rd time) after being Tylenoled up and rocked a bit.  And, the tired mom is getting ready to hop back into her now cold side of the bed. 
Or not. 
I'm sitting on the couch, wide awake, and typing a first blog entry for this new endeavor I've been considering in the back of my busy brain. 

For a while now, I've been venting documenting my weekly (who am I kidding...they're daily) occurrences...pitfalls... incidences... adventures....(call them what you will) on Facebook. 
Since the wonderfully addicting, but amazing social media site is pretty crucial for one's survival (especially someone who socializes with two-year-olds all day), I hold those friends in the highest regard. 
So, for those who have 'liked' or commented on the humor of my adventures of mommyhood that I am so often posting about, thank you for tempting me to blog about it. 
After all, laughter is the best medicine...even at someone else's expense (.....kidding!). 
So, if my adventures (whether short, long, funny, sad, or disgusting) can bring laughter, a sense of relief or a feeling of relatedness (that is a word, I looked it up), then that is good enough for this mommy.

Most of all, I hope these {memories} will make me smile a few years down the road when my kids are 'too cool' to be entertaining their parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment